29th June 2020
Food & drink quiz
Consider yourself knowledgeable about food and drink? Test yourself with our fun quiz. Answers at the bottom of the page.
1. The Margaret River is a popular wine region in Australia, but in which state can it be located?
a. Western Australia
b. New South Wales
c. South Australia
2. Which French city is associated with the fish stew bouillabaisse?
3. With which Cornish town is the chef Rick Stein most often associated?
c. St Ives
4. In which year did the BBC show MasterChef first appear on UK screens?
5. Earl Grey is a popular blend of tea, but what fruit gives the tea its unique flavour?
6. If you ordered ceviche at a restaurant, what would you be served?
a. A Peruvian sausage
b. Raw fish cured in citrus juice
c. A cold Argentinian soup
7. Which country consumes the most coffee per capita per year?
8. Cilantro is a popular herb in North America but what is the herb commonly referred to as in the UK?
a. Thai basil
9. What is the principal ingredient that gives the French liqueur Crème de Mure its unique flavour?
10. Goulash is the national dish of which country?
Answers: a, c, b, a, a, b, c, b, a, a